What is a Job Interview?
When you are looking for a job employers will often ask you to come in and talk about getting that job before they will hire you. Here are some basic interviewing skills that will help you during your interview.
Look Your Best!
It is important to look your best during a job interview. Below are some do’s and don’ts on how to make a great first impression.
- Take a shower, brush your teeth, fix your hair
- Wear appropriate clothing and shoes
- Make sure your clothes are not wrinkled
- Be a little early (5 to 10 minutes) to the interview
- Shake hands with interviewer
- Tell interviewer your full name
- Stay calm and relaxed
- Show up late
- Chew gum or eat during interview
- Come without taking a shower, combing your hair, or brushing your teeth
- Wear wrinkled or stained clothing
- Wear sneakers, flip flops, or dirty shoes
Some Questions You Might be Asked:
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Why do you want to work here?
3. What kind of tools or equipment can you use?
4. What jobs have you had in the past?
5. Do you have an challenges or special needs which require accommodations?
6. Do you have any questions?
Practice Before Your Interview:
It is a good idea to always practice answering questions before the interview. Talk to a friend, teacher, or family member who has had good interviews in the past and ask them to help you practice your interview. The Arc of Greater Beaumont wants you to do your best so, if you would like to practice your interview skills and learn more tips and tricks on how to have a great interview call (409)838-9012 to set up an appointment with the Arc of Greater Beaumont’s experts.