The purpose of the Summer Education Grant is to provide assistance to parents and guardians of children with intellectual or developmental disabilities (I/DD) to continue education and development. It is to benefit those students not eligible to receive the service through an extended school year program. Since 2013, The Arc has awarded over $15,000 in funds to over 40 children with special needs ages 3 to 21.
- Child must be between the ages of 3 and 21.
- Child must be diagnosed with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) documented by a doctor or other professional.
- Must be a child enrolled in public or private school.
- Requested funding must be for services that could not be provided by a public school or
- Must fill out the application in its entirety and attach all required information.
Summer Education Grant Information:
Grants are awarded once a year. Once approved for a grant you may (a) submit a receipt to The Arc of Greater Beaumont for reimbursement, or (b) have The Arc of Greater Beaumont invoiced directly for item requested in this agreement. The Arc of Greater Beaumont will not be responsible for any invoiced amounts in excess of The Summer Education Grant award. All receipts must be submitted no later than 30 days after approval letter. Limited number of grants are available.
How can I apply for a Summer Education Grant?